Sunday, March 28, 2010

Evoking an Emotion

Think Creatively
Throughout the collage project, I scattered images across the page, not really making a shape, but it just looked messy, just like the civil war of Sudan. When I arranged the collage, it looked kind of neat, but kind of messy. It was messy enough to be a collage, but not good enough to be a good collage. Thinking Creatively, I checked different angles of the paper/collage so I could determine which looks best. 


Reason Critically
When I was working on my collage, I had to make sure the history and the six-word memoir matched the story I was trying to tell. The history of Sudan could be described as brutal and unfortunate. They all left. I kept going. This six-word memoir suggests that though some were abandoned, they kept going because they knew there was hope. Reasoning Critically helped me piece everything together so that it made sense.


Communicate Effectively
Working on my collage, I had to make sure that anyone who would see it, would understand what I'm trying to say about Sudan. The pictures had to make sense with the words; they had to match. I wanted to make the audience feel empathy, and want to help. To do that, I had to choose certain pictures that were appropriate for the collage, so it could evoke an emotion in the audience.



Live Ethically
Printing the pictures for my collage was already a lot of paper, so to decorate the rest of it, I re-used old color paper at my house. Red colored paper was used a lot, but not because I kept grabbing a new piece. I knew for a fact that there was plenty of red paper at home, so I used it most of the time for decorating. Living Ethically, I did not construct my collage the way I did because I wanted it to look good, but rather, I wanted to create an emotion in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment